Beaverton MOPS & MOMSnext is an outreach ministry of St. Matthew Lutheran Church. You do not need to be a member of the church to attend MOPS/MOMSnext.
This year, 2019-20, Beaverton MOPS & MOMSnext is celebrating 25 years!! Beaverton MOPS of St. Matthew started in 1994 with only 20 moms, five Leadership members and two Mentoring Mothers. Today we have 80+ MOPS and MOMSnext moms, 16 Leadership members and 10 Mentoring Mothers. We are looking forward to growing and adding more, celebrating moms and fellowship in the coming years!
MOPS & MOMSnext is a cooperative—members participate in various ways to subsidize costs and enrich the experience for everyone. All of the discussion group leaders and leadership committee members facilitating this program are volunteers with small children, just like you. We each play a crucial role in making our MOPS/MOMSnext group the best it can be. Below you will read the volunteer requirements for our group.
All MOPS & MOMSnext members are required to pay the annual fee, including your leadership committee members and your discussion group leaders. The fees that are collected cover a variety of expenses, including (but not limited to):
- MOPS Kids childcare wages,
- speaker fees,
- creative activities and demonstrations,
- publications and postage,
- MOPS Kids snacks, crafts and curriculum,
- MOPS International charter fee,
- hospitality items (coffee, creamer, etc.), and
- recognition gifts for MOPS Kids caregivers.
Our MOPS & MOMSnext program is also blessed by the generous financial and operational support of St. Matthew Lutheran Church and the St. Matthew Lutheran Church Foundation.
The following is an explanation of Tuition and Volunteering Requirements:
The annual tuition for the 2019-2020 program is prorated based on the number of kids you will bring to the program. Annual dues with one child in MOPS Kids is: $145; and two or more children is: $160; which includes a $31.95 non-refundable MOPS International registration fee. If you would like to attend MOPS without having your children in our MOPS Kids childcare program, you may register for a discounted rate of $110 for the year. There is an additional minimal fee if you plan to bring your school-aged child to one or more of our ‘school-out’ days during the year. See application for details.
To summarize, our annual dues*:
- $145 with one MOPS Kid:
- $160 with two or more MOPS Kids; and
- $110 without MOPS Kids.
However, after Aug 16, 2019, the annual dues* incur a late fee & go up to:
- $160 with one MOPS Kid;
- $175 with two or more MOPS Kids; and
- $125 without MOPS Kids.
(*All dues include a $31.95 non-refundable MOPS International registration fee).
Because we want Beaverton MOPS/MOMSnext to be accessible to every mom regardless of their financial situation, Financial Assistance is available upon request. Please click here to apply for Financial Assistance. If you have questions concerning this please email our Finance Lead, Andrea at: firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to assist you. Financial Assistance applications are due no later than September 1, 2019 (and please remember that your application for MOPS/MOMSNext will not be considered complete until payment is received).
Due to financial commitments, refund requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please see the complete refund request policy under the “Refund Request” heading here.
As stated above, MOPS/MOMSnext is a cooperative— As part of your commitment to our cooperative program, you are required to:
- Participate in one committee. Committee assignments are listed in a handout in your MOPS/MOMSnext handbook. When registering you can rank your preference of committee for the year; however, preference placement is not guaranteed.
- Work one day in the MOPS Kids program. Again, you can pick your preferred mtg to work this shift; but preferred placement is not guaranteed. The MOPS Kids work schedule is a handout in your MOPS/MOMSnext handbook.
- Bring assigned snacks for brunch, help with upstairs cleanup, and serve as MOPS Kids backup on a rotating basis. Responsibilities are assigned per small group (table). If you are having difficulty participating, please reach out to your table’s Mentoring Mother. See schedule in your MOPS/MOMSnext handbook.
- Attend our Annual fundraising event in the Spring. Each year Beaverton MOPS/MOMSnext holds a Bunco and Silent Auction Event for moms and pops. This is our biggest fundraiser of the year and our group depends on these funds to keep our dues low. Your attendance to the event and our volunteers on the auction committee are very critical to making this a success.
By volunteering, you’ll enjoy deeper friendships with your fellow moms and a sense of accomplishment and contribution. These positions also help facilitate opportunities for you to meet other moms who may not be at your assigned table during the year.
Ready to Register? Click HERE.